Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes


My sweet tooth was in full swing this weekend while at a friends Going Away party. These delectable looking creatures were sitting before me and I wanted to eat every last one. I managed some restraint and instead came home and made my very own batch! :)

I am sure this recipe has been done numerous ways, but this was how I did it. And y'all, all I have to say is Yum!

GATHER:
for filling...
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1/3 cups sugar
1 egg
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups mini chocolate chips

for cupcakes...
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla

COOK:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 c. sugar and 1/8 tsp. salt. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.

In a large bowl mix flour, 1 c. sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1/2 tsp. salt. Add in water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir until blended well.

Fill cupcake tins half way with cake batter. Add generous dallop of cream cheese filling in the center. (I put about 1 1/2 tbs.)

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

SERVE:
With a tall glass of milk!

No comments: